The Dessert Recipe You Need to Make
Do you love chocolate and peanut butter? This recipe for “Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats” is an irresistible combination of peanut butter mixed with crispy cereal and covered in a dark chocolate peanut butter topping. While this dessert tastes decadent, it can fit into a healthy eating pattern too! One serving is only 146 calories, 16 grams of carbohydrates, and even contains 4 grams of protein. Just make sure to keep your servings in check! This dessert will be great to bring to your next gathering and everyone will be asking for the recipe!
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treat
Makes: 16 Servings
INGREDIENTS (Key: T = Tablespoon, t = teaspoon, oz = ounce)
¾ cup creamy natural peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
¼ t salt
½ t vanilla extract
3 cups crispy rice cereal
For chocolate peanut butter topping:
1 cup bittersweet chocolate
1 T creamy natural peanut butter
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Base:
- Line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt together honey and peanut butter, stirring until combined (be very careful not to overheat).
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and vanilla until combined.
- Add crispy rice cereal to a large clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Pour peanut butter mixture on top of the cereal and stir until completely combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use a greased spatula to spread it until the top is even and smooth.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping:
- To make topping: melt chocolate and peanut butter together in a small microwave safe bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the topping over peanut butter rice crispy treat base, using a spatula to spread it evenly and smoothly.
- Place treats in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Remove 5–10 minutes before serving to let them warm up slightly before cutting (otherwise the chocolate will crack). Serve at room temperature.
Note – store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge
NUTRITION INFORMATION (for each serving)
Fat: 9 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 37 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
“Healthy Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats.” Joy Food Sunshine. Available at: https://joyfoodsunshine.com/healthy-peanut-butter-rice-crispy-treats/. Accessed May 13, 2019.